Tuesday 27 June 2017

IVF BLOG DAY 20 | THE BUSERELIN INJECTION #20 & THE BASELINE SCAN

After Saturday's crying episode I thought my week might get a bit better. How wrong was I? Sadly on Sunday night my nan passed away. I'm heartbroken. She had cancer and Alzheimer's so we knew it was coming at some point soon. Still, that doesn't make it any less upsetting as we were really close. RIP my beautiful nan.

On a more positive note, I had my baseline scan today (which was a transvaginal ultrasound) to check that my ovaries are not active and that the lining of my uterus is thin. The consultant said it all looks good and couldn't be any better. This is great news for us as it means we now get to go onto the next stage - superovulation.

Superovulation is a process that aims to make the ovaries release more than 1 egg and it means I'll be having an extra injection each day. They say I may experience tender breasts and low abdominal discomfort or a dragging sensation as the ovarian follicles develop. 

So on Thurs I'll be starting Gonal-F injections as well as continuing with the Buserelin. They estimate I'll be on Gonal-F for about 10 days. Next week I'll have 2 progress assessments which include more transvaginal ultrasounds to check the response of my ovaries to the stimulation and to assess the development of the lining of the uterus. After these visits they might have to modify my treatment by altering the dosage of drugs. They'll also be able to tell me when my last Buserelin injection will be.

It's going to be really interesting to see how many eggs I manage to produce. When reading other people's stories online I can see that it varies a lot! Anyway, I'll keep you all posted with how I get on!

Today I'm feeling: Exhausted from crying and not sleeping that well because of what's happened to my poor nan. I miss her already! Going through grief and the IVF process is hard. : (

Jess. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LUST LIST

OUR BABY GIRL IS 9 MONTHS OLD!!!

This probably isn't what some of you were expecting but the pregnancy worked out and we finally have our baby girl!  I'm sorry...