Tuesday 11 July 2017

IVF BLOG DAY 34 | EGG COLLECTION

Some of you might remember that when we had our final progress assessment we only had 5 follicles that were a good size, 2 that were somewhere behind and 9 that were so small I'm sure the consultant was hinting that they probably wouldn't grow. So in my head I thought we would probably have 7 follicles today if we were lucky. And if we were really lucky maybe 6 of those would have eggs in. Although I would have been happy to have had 5, maybe even 4.

About 30 mins before egg collection today I said so my fiance 'please prepare yourself that we may only get about 2 eggs'. He 'said why are you being so negative?'. I said 'I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic'. I assured him that I felt okay. I just didn't want to have unrealistic expectations. Well, it just goes to show what I know because on the IVF journey anything can happen and guess what? We got 8 eggs!

8 EGGS!!!!

I'm so happy. When the embryologist told us I shed 1 small tear of joy! (I wonder if she noticed? My fiance said he saw! Lol). I couldn't help but wonder where all the eggs came from? Apparently some of the follicles that I had somehow convinced myself wouldn't grow, did. I don't know who's watching over us (maybe my nan - remember she passed away 2 weeks ago and her funeral was yesterday?!). Anyway, whoever or whatever it is, from a science or spiritual point of view I'm so grateful. So blessed. 

It feels like we have a pretty good chance. Of course anything could go wrong at any stage, but as far as I'm concerned, so far so good.

Anyway that's all for this post, but I'll blog about the trigger injection and egg collection later. 

Today I'm feeling: The best I have all month! So happy. So alert. So positive. I feel like I've got baby dust sprinkled all over me! 

Jess. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LUST LIST

OUR BABY GIRL IS 9 MONTHS OLD!!!

This probably isn't what some of you were expecting but the pregnancy worked out and we finally have our baby girl!  I'm sorry...