Sunday 23 July 2017

IVF BLOG DAY 46 | 2WW | UPDATE & MORE SYMPTOMS

Wow! So we've been going through the whole IVF thing for 46 days now. It feels like it's flown by in some kind of drugged up bubble. Then again, it has to be said that the 2WW kinda goes by slow. For me personally it's been a real rollercoaster of emotions where I never know how I'm going to feel about it all from one day to the next. You'll see what I mean if you read on.

We're now 10DPT (10 days past transfer) after having a 2DT (2 day transfer). Today I'm feeling pretty good overall. I found the first week difficult but things have got better as we've progressed into the second. My thoughts became quite negative around 3DPT with me feeling sad that we only get one go at IVF via the NHS. I confided in my fiance on Tuesday who said 'well if it doesn't work then we'll just have to find the money'. Needless to say after that I cheered up a bit!

Anyway, as before, I've been keeping a note of my symptoms so here's a little update of what's been going on:

3DPT

Sunday 16th July 2017: After feeling sick, bloated, lethargic and like I had a really heavy stomach the day before (you can read about that here) it was a relief that I felt normal on this day. Too normal actually to the point where I was like 'hang on, where have all my symptoms gone?'. It's funny how they feel bad when you have them but once there gone you kinda want them back. Just in case they're signs of pregnancy. You hold on to that every bit of hope. Anyway the symptoms were soon back by the evening where I had sore nipples and a heavy bloated belly again!

4DPT

Monday 17th July 2017: On this day I experienced blood spotting in the Crinone Vaginal Gel, sore nipples and period-like cramps. At 9pm the cramps got particularly painful. I felt bloated and had a strange twinge/pain on my left side (probably where my ovary is if I'm honest). By 8pm the twinge was pulsating to the point where I could count the seconds between each one. It was so strange and I had to stop what I was doing and lay down. 

I must also mention that in the morning I had a call to say there were no embryos good enough to freeze. Out of the 5 left one had made it to blastocyst stage which I was advised to take as a good sign for the two that we had put back in. 

Knowing that we have no frosties started to make me worrying about our chances being taken away even more. What if this cycle doesn't work out? What on earth are we going to do?

5DPT

Tuesday 18th July 2017: I had a good night's sleep but woke up at 7.30am with the painful pulsating twinges on my left side again. Just like the day before I could count the seconds between them, although it would vary and sometimes be 4 seconds or sometimes as long as 10! I also felt very bloated on this day.

The worrying continued and I confided in my finace who reassured me that we could try to find the money for another go if we needed to. I felt a lot better after hearing that.

6DPT

Wednesday 19th July 2017: Not sure what happened on this day as I haven't written anything down!

7DPT

Thursday 20th July 2017: As above!

8DPT

Friday 21st July 2017: This was the day that things really changed for me as I decided that the best thing I can do is get on with my life during the 2WW, almost pretending that none of this is happening. I know that's much easy said than done but I got on and cleaned my house (without using cleaning products because my consultant advised me to be careful of them. Oh, and I left the hoovering to my fiance as apparently that can be bad too!). I was determined that by the next day I would be getting up and dressed and out of my pj's that I've been slobbing around in for about 45 days!

Symptoms wise, I had a really strange piercing feeling right in the centre of my womb. It was very prominent and not like anything I've ever felt before. The only way I can describe it is a bit like a piercing or a needle going in and it was on the edge of being painful. It lasted about 5-10 seconds and I couldn't help but wonder if it was an implantation pain?

9DPT

Saturday 22nd July 2017: I had very strong period-like pains for about 4 hours on and off during the night. It was so bad it would wake me up. I also had blood spotting in the Crinone Vaginal Gel again which was a little out of the blue after not having this for 4/5 days. Again, I couldn't help but wonder if implantation had occurred the day before. This really is classic symptom checking/analysing at it's best! But if someone told me I'm pregnant and to put money on when implantation had occurred Fri 21st would be it! 

Here's an updated summary of all the symptoms I've had so far:

Symptoms so Far (ET-9DPT)

Feeling bloated / heavy stomach

Mild period-like pains / cramps

Strong period-like pains / cramps

Painful twinges

Strange piercing feeling in the centre of my womb

Extreme tiredness 

Sore nipples

Blood spotting

Feeling sick

Back ache

Some I've forgotten to mention!

Diarrhoea (ever since I started using Crinone Vaginal Gel).

Weight loss (because of the above! - not much, just a few lbs).

Feeling down/moody/emotional/like crying sometimes

Hot flushes

Today I'm feeling: Happy enough in myself. Really grateful to have such a loving and supportive fiance who's been great through all of this. Glad that I'm not so bloated anymore and I wore my skinny jeans for the first time in ages today. (A good thing or not? I don't know - you tell me!). I could wear them for ages because I felt so bloated and it would hurt the places where I had my injections.

It's only 4 days until OTD (Official Test Day) now! That's a good point actually - I found a box of pregnancy tests upstairs so I must get my fiance to hide them!

Jess. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LUST LIST

OUR BABY GIRL IS 9 MONTHS OLD!!!

This probably isn't what some of you were expecting but the pregnancy worked out and we finally have our baby girl!  I'm sorry...