Monday 19 February 2018

DISAPPEARING TWIN SYNDROME

Last Thurs a few of my pregnancy symptoms disappeared. By Friday morning I was very suspicious. I took 3 pregnancy tests and the lines were coming up much weaker than before. I had an emergency scan at the EPU and they couldn't find one of the twins. The sonographer said there is a chance that it's hidden behind the other. He kept thinking he could see a second heartbeat but was not sure if it was part of twin 1. 

I have been warned to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Sadly my test lines seem to be getting weaker by the day, so despite twin 1 measuring above what it should and having a very strong heartbeat it's looking like I might lose both. 

Could this be disappearing twin syndrome? If it is, what chance does twin 2 stand? 

Jess. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LUST LIST

OUR BABY GIRL IS 9 MONTHS OLD!!!

This probably isn't what some of you were expecting but the pregnancy worked out and we finally have our baby girl!  I'm sorry...