Tuesday 13 March 2018

10 WEEKS PREGNANT | UPDATE

Hey guys! 

It seems like ages since I last updated this blog and so much has happened too! 

First thing's first - following on from my last post, the 'hook effect' is a real thing and that's exactly what was happening to me. Apparently pregnancy tests are only designed to pick up levels of hcg up to a certain point. Once your body reaches that point they are too high to register, hence why I started getting weak lines on my pregnancy tests. By diluting my urine (25% urine: 75% water) I was able to get nice strong lines once again. 

Regarding our disappearing twin, we've had 2 more scans since my last update (4 now altogether) and twin 2 was never seen again. Very sad, but if it had to die, doing so in the first trimester was the best case scenario. This is because the fetal tissue has now been absorbed by me, the placenta or the other twin. Hence the name 'vanishing twin syndrome'. It's horrible but we've had time to accept it now. I just keep imagining the day I tell my little one that they were an identical twin. : ( I don't even know if we will tell them or not. 

Talking of twin 1 - it's doing really well. In fact, it's doing so well that I'm actually 11 weeks pregnant according to my scans (not 10). We've been so lucky to be monitored by the Early Pregnancy Unit and at every scan our little one always measures just over a week ahead. It's currently the size of a lime!

Over the past 3 weeks my symptoms have been:

Metallic taste in my mouth.

Extreme tiredness - I feel like I could sleep forever!

Waking up frequently during the night. 

Night sweats (gross!).

Feeling very thirsty.

Mild period pains.

Constipation.

Feeling bloated / heavy stomach.

Sore boobs. (Mainly on the sides).

Feeling too hot, then too cold.

Nausea, which seems to be easing up a bit since last Sat. That said, I still feel it every day at about 5/5.30pm. At this point I cannot stand the smell of food cooking! Often I get it around 1pm too.

Heightened sense of smell when I feel nauseous. 


A weird heavy feeling in my crotch area (like my insides are falling out!). The EPU consultant thinks it might actually be my bowel. 


I've now stopped taking the Pregnacare Original tablets and went back onto Pregnacare Pre-conception for a bit. After still suffering with stomach pains and diarrhea I've finally started taking a Boots Folic Acid and Vitamin D tablet. These seem to be much better.


Next up - we have our NHS booking appointment in a week, our NHS 12 week scan in just under 2 weeks and we've booked in for a private NIPT + Scan in just over two weeks (when I'll be 12/13 weeks). This is £399.00 and includes the Harmony prenatal blood test (NIPT), a 2D ultrasound scan (inc prints), sexing (yes we are going to find out the sex!) and a 4DFREEVIEW with 3D ultrasound prints. How exciting!

Jess. xx



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jess - this is amazing news. I am so happy for you! I bet it feels so surreal. I cannot wait to be able to experience this all too one day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kiran! I hope you get to experience this soon. : ) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

LUST LIST

OUR BABY GIRL IS 9 MONTHS OLD!!!

This probably isn't what some of you were expecting but the pregnancy worked out and we finally have our baby girl!  I'm sorry...