Tuesday 13 March 2018

HOW TO COMBAT MORNING SICKNESS

Nausea. It's like the bane of my life at the mo. I have no idea why they call it morning sickness as it seems to hit me day and night. I can't wait until this eases up and I can feel like myself again. In the meantime there's a few things I have found that help:


Lying down and keeping really still - yep, if it gets really bad I have to lay in my bed!

Getting lots of sleep - I've noticed that my nausea improves tenfold if I sleep loads.

Eating cold meals or getting someone else to cook - I can't stand the smell of cooking right now (more so in the eve).

Have my main meal in the afternoon - the poor baby still needs to be fed and my nausea isn't usually as bad at lunch time.

Consume lots of carbs - think wholemeal bread, potatoes, pasta and rice.

Fizzy drinks - soda water, coca-cola, Appletiser and Rio. They all do it for me.

Ice lollies - I can't get enough of them at the mo. I don't know why but they really do work. 

Sea Bands (I have these here) - admittedly I've not used them for a few weeks but they seem to work when I do.

Boiled sweets - humbugs are my thing at the mo. They're lovely and minty fresh.

Ginger - biscuits, tea, cold drinks etc. I'm sick of ginger right now but it worked for me in the beginning. I have found Nairn's Ginger Oat Biscuits to be particularly good.

One of the main things I find gross is the metallic taste I have in my mouth. That's where the ice lollies, humbugs and often fizzy drinks come in! As well as helping with the nausea they help to combat the yucky taste.

How do you combat morning sickness? 

Let me know in the comments box below!

Jess. xx

1 comment:

LUST LIST

OUR BABY GIRL IS 9 MONTHS OLD!!!

This probably isn't what some of you were expecting but the pregnancy worked out and we finally have our baby girl!  I'm sorry...